all the little things that catch my eye; with the hope that they will inspire you to start looking out for those things that make life worth living

Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams.”- Ashley Smith

Thursday 16 June 2011

Confucius' wise words

Today I had my much awaited driving test and unfortunately I failed. Because I know what I'm capable of and because the mistake was so silly I was (still am a bit) disappointed in myself. However, as I said to a friend soon after: "I supposed I had to fail an exam at some point in my life." So here's hoping that I do not make this a frequent thing!!

Another thing I've noticed after having been out of good internet connection for over a month now is that I now feel kind of lost logging on. I do the rounds on facebook, check my notifications/inbox, write happy birthdays and then check my email & the news. Once that's done I sit and think 'now what?' It's really funny how, once you've weened yourself away from the internet (by choice or circumstance) the desire to be constantly connected, and your dependence on it for entertainment diminishes. Whilst I do wish that I could stream movies/tv shows (because there's only so many times you can see the same movie. Or only so many depressing movies you can bear to watch on TV) I am resorting to my all time favourite pastime of reading. And it feels gooooddd!!

No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance. - Confucius